Terms of Service
Sunday, 11 August 2019
Please read the terms of service carefully before signing up to play Blade of Eternity.
This Terms of Service is a legally binding agreement that governs your playing experience in Blade of Eternity. By registering an account, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the terms of this Terms of Service, please do not register or log in to Blade of Eternity. Blade of Eternity has the right to update these Terms of Service without prior notice to the player base. You should visit this page periodically to review any changes to the Terms of Service.
You should assume that everything you see or read on the site is proprietary information protected by copyright or trademark unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms of Service or with the written permission of Blade of Eternity. Nothing posted on this Site grants a license to any Blade of Eternity trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property rights, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
- Each player must register to play Blade of Eternity. Registration is free.
- Each player may login and play Blade of Eternity from any computer to which they have access.
- Each player may post links or refer to Blade of Eternity on other websites or media as they see fit.
- Players may play from the same IP address as another player as long as each player abides to the Player Responsibilities and Game Rules as provided below.
- While playing Blade of Eternity, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game.
- You may not defraud, threaten, or cause distress to other players to the point that they feel the game is unplayable.
- You may not post or communicate sensitive or real world information about any player (name, address, account name, etc.) through any means within Blade of Eternity unless given prior consent by that player.
- You may not use sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language anywhere in the game. This includes any in game communication including but not limited to normal mail, clan mail, player profile, clan descriptions, etc. as well as any communication external to the game but related to Blade of Eternity.
- You may not post or link to any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content.
- Players may not impersonate another player by way of character name, display picture, forum avatar or forum signature.
- You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
- You may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit within the Blade of Eternity game. This includes the discussion about other browser based games.
- You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying, selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any Blade of Eternity account, in-game item and/or currency.
- You may not organize nor be a member of any pledges or groups within Blade of Eternity that are involved with any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hatemongering philosophies.
- You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Blade of Eternity.
- You may not violate the intellectual property rights of Blade of Eternity or any a third party. You may not upload, transmit, or otherwise communicate copyrighted material which you do not own the rights to without express written permission of the author and/or copyright holder.
- You will not exploit any bug in Blade of Eternity and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bugs within Blade of Eternity. Bugs should be promptly reported to the administrators through mail, or on the forums. Any game exploits should be immediately reported to the administrators through mail. You may not assist in the abuse of bugs and / or glitches.
- You may not use any third-party program (such as a "bot", auto refresher, auto clicker, etc.) in order to automate gameplay functions, including but not limited to playing, chatting, interacting or gathering items within Blade of Eternity. You may not assist, relay or store items for other players who are using these illegal tools.
- You must be respectful to all Blade of Eternity staff.
- You must not lie to a Blade of Eternity staff member.
- All Blade of Eternity staff are players as well; thus, they are subject to the Game Rules. If you feel that any staff member is acting inappropriately or exploiting their position, then mail noizu  in game.
- You may not use a non-playing account to support or fund another player’s account. This includes the transferring of funds and/or items to other players and/or clans.
- If you are leaving / retiring / quitting Blade of Eternity, you may not transfer funds and/or items to other players. You may also not leave your money out to be mugged or otherwise taken by other players. When you leave Blade of Eternity, simply let your account go inactive by doing no further action on Blade of Eternity, and it will be terminated automatically. Any player that received such items and or funds from a player who will no longer be playing Blade of Eternity must contact a staff member immediately. Be aware than any accounts left inactive for 365 days may be subject to termination.
- Players may not impersonate a Blade of Eternity staff member in anyway. The character name or title including 'admin', 'administrator', 'staff' is reserved for Blade of Eternity staff members only.
- Players who use non-English symbols do so at their own risk. Blade of Eternity is not responsible for your inability to play due to use of non-English names or symbols.
- If you wish to appeal an in-game federal jail punishment, then you may request either a friend and / or clan member to contact a Blade of Eternity staff member to plead your appeal. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blade of Eternity will never attempt to ask you for your account information. Please be aware of phishing scams that request such information.
- You may not trick, encourage or direct other players to break any of the Game Rules.
- Assisting in the breaking of rules, bug abuse, abusing glitches, cheating, and not contacting staff about such abuse of the game, makes the player as guilty as the players that commit the offense. If you know of possible rule violations or bug abuse, contact a Blade of Eternity staff member immediately. Mails and private messages to staff are private and confidential.
- Additionally, you must not:
- Monitor, gather or copy any Content on this Site by using any robot, “bot,” spider, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool or any other automatic device, utility or manual process of any kind.
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark or other proprietary information (including, without limitation, any images, text or page layout).
- Engage in any activities through or in connection with this Site that seek to attempt to harm others or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, threatening, harassing, abusive or that violate any right of any third party.
- Attempt to circumvent the security systems of Blade of Eternity.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Blade of Eternity server.
- Attempt to use Blade of Eternity for any purposes other than those intended by Blade of Eternity, as determined by Blade of Eternity in its sole discretion.
- Upload or submit any data or information that contains viruses or any other computer code, corrupt files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment.
- Engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to this Site or the proper operation of this Site. You also agree that, in using this Site, you will not impersonate any person or entity.
- Players are only allowed a single account. Having multiple accounts may result in all your accounts being punished. You may not assist, relay or store items for other players who own multiple accounts.
- Family and friends may share your computer and play Blade of Eternity, but you must contact staff and let them know. This includes networked / library / work and school computers.
- The usage of proxy IPs is acceptable but is still susceptible to the Game Rules. Thus, you may not use proxies to create or maintain additional accounts, use them to hide your game account ID in chat, or to bypass the same IP transfer rule.
- In-game item and currency transfers between players is acceptable on a limited basis. You may transfer a maximum of 2 items per day and / or up to a maximum of 5 items per week to other players. This limitation is based on trading that is done via the sending system, trading system, or through the mini-games. You may trade and /or exchange a maximum value of any combination of in game currency and items of $1,000,000 per day and up to $5,000,000 per week.
- You may not 'feed' another account via trading. Feeding entails excessive one-sided trading between accounts.
- You are responsible for your own account. If another player has stolen items, hacked into or modified your account, Blade of Eternity is not responsible.
Game Play Rules
- Blade of Eternity is a game based on player to player combat. You should expect attacks from other players, both online and offline to happen. There are options available for you to protect yourself as a player. However, you may not excessively online attack, or Nightfire, other players to the point that their ability to play the game is compromised. Players who feel that their ability to play the game has been hindered by the online attacks, or Nightfires, from another player are encouraged to file a player report or contact a Blade of Eternity staff member. Harassment cases such as these will be reviewed on a case by case basis by neutral staff members. If you are retaliating with your own online attacks and/or Nightfires, this retaliation will not be viewed as harassment unless it surpasses the original or continues after the original attacks have ended.
- A Clan may not harass a single player with excessive online attacks as outlined in the above statement. Upon review, the entire clan will receive the punishment as decided by the Blade of Eternity staff in its sole discretion.
- You may not harass another’s play through in-game functions and / or methods such as excessive offensive mailing, item sending, comment spamming, posting of threads containing personal information and / or offensive material.
- Scamming during game play for in game currency and items is discouraged by the Blade of Eternity staff, but not illegal. You are responsible for any purchase that you make in the game.
- You may not create or use clans to gain funds for yourself or other clan members. Clans are for players to enjoy, not for players to gain items and funds from unsuspecting players or players to use as a collecting ground for the benefit of a couple of players.
- The Blade of Eternity mail system is a privilege for players to use. Misuse of the mail system may result in the loss of mail privileges. Misuse shall be determined by Blade of Eternity in its sole discretion.
Third Party Content
Site users may post, upload, and/or contribute (“post”) content to Blade of Eternity and its forums (which may include, for example, pictures, text, messages, information, videos, music, sound recordings, playlist compilations, and/or other types of content) (“Third Party Content”).
Blade of Eternity does not claim any ownership rights in any Third Party Content posted by you on the Site. You agree that you are solely responsible for any Third Party Content posted by you or under your username.
You hereby grant to Blade of Eternity a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (including the right to sub-license) to use (and to make such copies thereof as Blade of Eternity deems necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of your Third Party Content on Blade of Eternity or in connection with any promotions in all media now known or hereinafter developed.
You warrant that:
- You have full power and authority to grant the license above and that the Third Party Content posted by you;
- does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights, other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- is not defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing;
- is not obscene or pornographic;
- does not violate any laws regarding unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising;
- does not constitute any of the types of prohibited Third Party Content as set out below and
- does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
You agree to pay for all royalties, fees or any other monies owed to any third party as a result of You posting any Third Party Content on Blade of Eternity.
You acknowledge that the following constitutes (but is not limited to) prohibited Third Party Content:
Third Party Content that:
- is offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or exploits, harasses or advocates harassment of any person;
- constitutes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or links to any such content;
- solicits personal information from anyone under eighteen (18) years of age;
- contains information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- contains an unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work; and
- includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent.
Blade of Eternity may, but has no obligation to, monitor, review, or edit Third Party Content. In all cases, Blade of Eternity reserves the right to remove or disable access to any Third Party Content for any or no reason, including but not limited to, Third Party Content that, in Blade of Eternity’s sole discretion, violates the Terms of Service. Blade of Eternity may take these actions without prior notification to you or any third party. Removal or disabling of access to Third Party Content shall be at Blade of Eternity’s sole discretion, and Blade of Eternity does not promise to remove or disable access to any specific Third Party Content.
You are solely responsible for all Third Party Content that you post. Blade of Eternity is not responsible for Third Party Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any Third Party Content. YOU AGREE THAT IF ANYONE BRINGS A CLAIM AGAINST BLADE OF ETERNITY RELATED TO THIRD PARTY CONTENT THAT YOU POST, THEN, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER LOCAL LAW, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD BLADE OF ETERNITY HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF SUCH CLAIM.
If you believe there is content on Blade of Eternity that violates copyright law, inform Blade of Eternity via an email or letter that includes substantially the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Blade of Eternity to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Blade of Eternity to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The notice should be sent with a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed and sent to email@example.com.
Blade of Eternity cannot guarantee that the site or its content is error free, and Blade of Eternity makes no representations about the technical accuracy or functionality of Blade of Eternity or that the Content is accurate, error free or up to date.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY BLADE OF ETERNITY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. BLADE OF ETERNITY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BLADE OF ETERNITY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION IN THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, UP TO DATE OR CORRECT, THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION OR THAT BLADE OF ETERNITY IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND BLADE OF ETERNITY MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT BLADE OF ETERNITY, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT. BLADE OF ETERNITY MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER BLADE OF ETERNITY, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING BLADE OF ETERNITY IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, BLADE OF ETERNITY OR THE OPERATION OF BLADE OF ETERNITY OR FAILURE OF BLADE OF ETERNITY TO OPERATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL BLADE OF ETERNITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES, EVEN IF BLADE OF ETERNITY HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE. DIRECT DAMAGES ARE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO SOLACE CLUB OR $1.00 US DOLLAR. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS AN ESSENTIAL TERM OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BLADE OF ETERNITY WOULD NOT GRANT ACCESS TO BLADE OF ETERNITY WITHOUT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS TERM.
Blade of Eternity makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Access to this Site from countries or territories where such access is illegal is prohibited. If You access this Site outside the United States, You do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You agree that your use of this Site, this Terms of Service and any disputes relating thereto shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Delaware. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in Madison, Wisconsin.